Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What’s goody Groovers?!

I want to start off and apologize for my absence from the blog. But I mean like Jeezy said, “I need a vacation”. If there is one thing that will benefit from my nonexistence its you because I’m coming back fresh and with great ideas for upcoming blogs.

In my latest endeavor in the life and trials of Shaquela Lojay Myrick (Notorious SLM), I have started a project to fulfill the one joy in life that makes me happy: FREE stuff. Previously, I have heard of people receiving complimentary gifts after dissatisfaction with a company’s products. Although I was skeptical, I always thought I would try it one day. It wasn’t until I was talking with a friend whose grandpa contacts companies on a daily basis, that I had decided to conduct my own experiment. She told me that he had received a free case of Poptarts® after he angrily wrote to the customer service department because there wasn’t any icing on his breakfast treat. This case was so big it had lasted him an ENTIRE year. And that’s when it hit me; why not write to a company that I love and see if I can score some free merchandise? So far I have contacted 5 brands and my first strategy was to be pleasant and congratulate them on their great products. I have received a few responses. Many of them were nice and others very grateful. But one question continues to remain;WHERE’S MY FREE STUFF?!



I received the following e-mail from the inconsiderate Vitamin Water® representatives..

Dear Shaquela,
thank you for contacting us regarding your positive experience with vitaminwater®.
we appreciate your feedback and love hearing from consumers who have truly embraced our products as well as our personality and are experiencing the benefits of drinking better water.
our mission is to provide you with something healthier to drink that's free of artificial sweeteners, chemical preservatives and other ingredients that are hard to pronounce.
thank you for your feedback. it helps us maintain the highest standards for better water.
thank you again, and remember to drink vitaminwater® - it works!
sincerely,
michael
consumer relations representative
glacéau vitaminwater®, vitaminwater10™, and smartwater®
http://www.drinkbetterwater.com/
1-877-glacéau

I didn’t ask for a thank-you letter, where’s the free case of my favorite delicious drink you JERKS!
Then I received this e-mail from MAC® cosmetics:


Thank you for taking the time to contact us at maccosmetics.comWe have received your email and a member of our team will review your inquiry and respond to you as soon as possible.Thank you for interest in maccosmetics.

commaccosmetics.com
Customer Service

Hopefully they will end up to be more promising than Vitamin Water®. Then I received the next e-mail from Gatorade. This is where I’m beginning to believe I won’t get anything!

Shaquela:It's always a pleasure to receive an e-mail from a loyal fan of Gatorade Thirst Quencher. We're excited to know that you've enjoyed our products for so long. I've shared your kind words with our marketing department. As you may know, we have many ways of measuring success, but none of them are as satisfying as receiving e-mails like this one. We value your business, Shaquela, and we hope that you'll continue to enjoy the benefits that Gatorade provides.
Jennifer
Gatorade Consumer Relations



Sadly enough,I need to head back to the drawing board. Keep your fingers crossed and be sure to continue checking the blog for more updates on my quest for free swag!


My next adventure will be to come up with new ways to jumpstart savings for my plastic surgery.



I want to go from this.......................to this.



-And in the words of That Kid Cudi: “I Thank God I’m Fresh”

Shay

3 comments:

  1. Shay that was positively hilarious! I loved it. I actually email Clinique Cosmetics recently with the same general response. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete