Monday, February 22, 2010

Intramural Volleyball

If You Got It Flaunt It
For those of you that didn't know I am pledging a fraternity with fellow contributor to the blog Zachary John Harr. On occasion we are asked to dabble in games of athleticism to represent the fraternity and if we are good enough we are asked to come back and play on a regular basis. Now, I am not an awful player but lets just say that my sister Sam got all the Volleyball genes in the family (She played volleyball in college). With that being said my raw athleticism and passion for the game clearly carries over and gives me the ability to have flashes of brilliance on the court. Now my counterpart and fellow writer Zach, on the other hand, plays with the grace, power, talent, and overall knowledge of the game that rivals my talents on the basketball court. To say the least Zach can take over a game and is literally and figuratively a head above the rest of the competition. What I'm asking reader's of this blog is to call upon Zach Harr to lead our team to victory. He has the tools, he has the talent, what I'm calling for is a little more selfish play from my friend and coworker. Let me put it into Mathematical terms for Zach because I know he loves math so with sports this will be like heaven:

"Great Players Make Great Plays" + "Great Players Want the Ball In Their Hands When the Game Is On The Line" + Zach Harr = VICTORY

or if you prefer the Transitive Property of Equality (Mrs. Mansfield 10th grade math!)

1. Great Players Make Great Plays and Should Want the Ball When The Game Is On the Line
2. Zach Harr Is a Great Player
3. Therefore Zach Harr is a Great Player Who Makes Great Plays and Should Want the Ball When the Game is On the Line

Zach essentially is the Terrelle Pryor of intramural volleyball he can turn it on and off whenever he wants. Now there is some blame that should probably be directed towards myself and the rest of the team (I probably will not be invited back to say the least). For him to show off his dazzling spiking ability and overall skill at volleyball it requires proper play by the rest of his team which is why I take the blame for the last loss. I have been carrying this loss on my shoulders for the past week the burden is getting so heavy that it's almost too much to bare. Victory is the only cure for my overworked back and shoulders. This is why I wrote this article as a call to arms to our team, Zach Harr, and the rest of the blogging community to get behind Zach Harr and let him be the player that we all know he can be. If we do that losing is an impossibility. Thank You for hearing me out and if you have any other concerns regarding this matter I encourage you to write to your local Congressmen or Senator.



For Your Listening Pleasure:
Don't hate for being a fan of Star Wars!

Final Thoughts
Has anyone ever felt that when walking up the escalator you feel like a super human being? I have found the phenomena of walking up moving escalators to empower me and make me think I'm more in shape than I really am.

P.S. RICHMOND'S IN THE TOP 25 CURRENTLY IN ALL POLLS WOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Pitt victories over Nova and WVU (All I can say is Wow) 6-0 all time at the Pete against Top 5 teams.

Keep Your Expectations Low and Your Game High


--Jake Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment