Monday, February 8, 2010

My Monday

Most people look at Mondays in a negative way, whether it's going back to work or going back to class, Mondays usually aren't known for enjoyment. That is precisely why I am writing this to all of you right now, to put a little pep in your step and clear up your case of "The Mondays."


12:00am: I spend a lot of time taking a Harry Potter trivia quiz, located here. My top score for the night was 30, the top score of the day was 516.


12:45am: I retire from the HP quiz and begin to watch the Santonio Holmes game winning touchdown catch from Super Bowl XLIII. After that I brush my teeth and head to bed, Sportscenter is on and all I can think about is how I have to take 3 exams when I wake up.


1:30am: My nightly game of BrickBreaker begins.


1:34am: My nightly game of BrickBreaker ends.


3:00am: I fall asleep and have a dream about something that was awesome, I just don't remember what it is.


8:25am: The alarm on my phone goes of, it sounds like a cross between Lloyd Christmas' impression of the most annoying sound in the world and nails on a chalkboard.


9:00am: Poli Sci 001 starts and we talk about the public opinion and its role in the U.S. government, it's a real snoozer.


10:07am: Port Sky has only their finest working the breakfast sandwich line.


10:55am: I get my breakfast sandwich.


11:30am: Theater exam is the first of the day. I complete it with power and aggression, I made that exam my bitch.


3:45pm: After hours of studying for my Economics and Philosophy exams, I leave 147 Cedar Hall to take my Econ exam.


4:40pm: Completion of Econ exam is... complete. Boy, Introduction to Microeconomic Analysis is a whole lot different than that Introduction to Home Economics I took in 7th grade, thanks, Mrs. Shipley. I would also like to point out that Mrs. Shipley is the same teacher who told my beloved brother, Zach (a fellow contributor) that he would never become a professional baseball player when he said he aspired to be one. Also, my older brother, Jesse, would have had a spotless straight A record in middle school if it weren't for Mrs. Shipley awarding him the only "B" of his career. What is it you have against us Harr boys, Mrs. Shipley?


4:50pm: I stop at Port Sky Cafe to drain the main vein. I wonder if the automatic flushers in the urinals that are directly in front of my penis are actually tiny cameras that you all are using to record my life like it's some sort of sick and twisted "Truman Show". Nah, it could never happen...


5:00pm: Port Sky's finest are still working hard.


5:30pm: I find out that my Philosophy 110 exam has been moved to Wednesday and that today's class is cancelled. I feel a feeling of resounding joy, tweeting was necessary. (@jakeharrr)


8:00pm: Team 7-Sefchok of the Penn State University Altoona Intramural Basketball League (PSUAIBL for short) tips off. We start off a little slow and are down by 4 at halftime. Eventually, we all let out our inner Vince Carter and pull ahead for the victory in an athletic and classy fashion.


11:22pm: I begin to get excited about making my triumphant return to State College, PA this weekend. It is four days away but I can already taste it.


11:59pm: I begin to look forward to the rest of my week, Monday is officially one minute away from being over and it was much better than anyone could have anticipated. Happy Tuesday everyone.


Stay hungry, America


-Jake Harr


1 comment: