Sunday, January 31, 2010

Through The Looking Glass...


Living in 147 Cedar Hall has its pros and cons. The pros being that it is located right by the first floor fire exit and that I can see everyone who enters the building via my window that faces the entrance directly. The cons are that my thermostat doesn't work all that well and everyone who enters the building can see right into my room via my window. This made it especially tough early in the year to change clothes after showering, but now I really don't care anymore. Besides, the ladies really seem to like it.


The bad thing about my window is the late nights. It seems like Altoona is the "city that never sleeps" since no matter what time it is there is always a group of 3 to 4 girls coming back from the apartments. It would be alright if the girls were somewhat quiet, but instead they sound like they're swinging mandrakes from their necks. Also, people like to knock on my window every once in a while. You haven't lived until you're laying in your bed at 2am and all of the sudden some drunk woman beast pounds on your window like she's trying to storm Helms Deep, it'll keep you on your toes.


At this point I would like to give a shout out to the girls out there who liked to press their chests against my window on Thursday nights in September/October. Stay classy, gals, you know who you are. You would think having drunk college girls rubbing themselves on your window would be awesome, right? Well it wasn't, I'm not going to go into details because I know my mother reads this blog, but I will say these girls were not "Grade A" material (maybe C- in Chicago Math).

Stay hungry, America
-Jake Harr





No comments:

Post a Comment