Saturday, January 23, 2010

James Cameron: A Visual Genius

I think I finally might have come up with a Blog-worthy subject to write about. Just a heads up, this is my first official blog so be cool. I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to do some Blogging!

I want to talk about the movie Avatar, more specifically what I thought of it. Before seeing the movie, I honestly had no interest whats so ever to go see it. I had seen previews for it and it looked pretty cheesy and didn't think too much of it. Then everyone started talking about how awesome it was and not to mention how it broke the record for most money spent making a film. James Cameron also is directing it and that is another reason that I just had to see this movie, I'm a pretty big fan, not really, but I guess you could say hes legit in the movie directing business. This seemed to be all pretty impressive, so then i was driven to go see it.

Apparently this movie is in 3D and I had no clue until I went to go see it. I'll say I could have done without the whole 3D experience but it wasn't that bad. It was hard for my eyes to focus at first but it eventually adjusted so it all worked out. After I saw the movie Avatar, that seemed to be all I talked about. I would ask everyone if they saw it and whatever the response, yes or no, I would always tell them how amazing the visual effects were. All these big time movie reviewers keep dissin' the storyline of the movie, and I'll agree it was a little off par, but then I ask what could you even do to it to make it any better? Not much, it is what it is, and you might not be a fan of the story but there seems to be no argument how you cant be a fan of the visual effects. The visual effects can settle as a storyline for its self, you have to have respect for that. It's honestly a movie like no other before. I was totally astonished how James Cameron took the viewers into the future about 100 years and all the realism that I believe could happen. let me not get carried away and talk about why the movie seems to be the most realistic science fiction movie hands down I've ever seen because that might be a topic for a future blog, but I am going to talk about how I felt about seeing all of it. For example, when the showed the planet of Pandora for the first time, again, Ive never seen anything like it all I can say is I was totally amazed. If you pay attention to the little insignificant stuff like how Cameron portrayed how advanced the computers have become since present day or any other technology like the breathing masks they use once they arrive at the planet, its all pretty cool to me.

So I mean, I suppose I can talk all day about how amazing this movie was, but I'm going to leave it to you to find out for yourself. Alright then, its been real as Zach Harr famously quoted, I'll be blogging again soon, keep the word groove alive.

Heres one of my favorite clips from the movie, check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment