Thursday, January 28, 2010

"One Huge Grenade Launcher"



Hey there naughty kids! I say hello and what’s up to all the blogger lovers out there! Special hi’s go to all the Groovers :) It’s Shay here with my formal introduction from “Off the Record.” Off the Record, which is due to debut next Sunday, will be my own account of the week’s current events and to also give bloggers a chance to share all things Shay. Topics can tend to be a little weird simply collecting dust in my brain, so here’s my opportunity to unleash my ideas and let them surf the cyber world.


While I continue to construct and perfect my first blog, here’s a quick look at all the joys in my head that I’m so excited to share!


To start off, Thursday night marks the first week that all of you Jersey Shore freaks are forced to find something else to do with 30 minutes of your precious time. It marks the night when you finally don’t’ find yourself blindly staring at the television. You stare in awe at the chaos on the screen as you lose countless brain-cells and common sense. Off the Record: Yes, I as well am a Jersey Shore loving slore.





However, that doesn’t hide the fact that after watching the show I felt that my intelligence was wrongfully stolen from me. As season one comes to an end, I’d like to ask the daring question: Why do we even care? Let’s take a look at these people for they are the loud, annoying and drunken aliens that earned the highest television ratings on MTV. Therefore, we allowed them to define the American people. Most of them can barely form comprehensible sentences. Off the Record: Again, I do like the show; I’m simply stating the facts.



Now, I am aware that MTV did not aim to create a socially conscious television show for that matter, their sole purpose was to go out and make money. But why, why did MTV expose us to such an awful (but crazily addicting) show?



I’ll tell you why, because MTV is pitifully genius that’s just why. It probably cost the network $1,000 to shoot the show. I don’t even know how much money they are currently swimming in as a result of season one. With all of their advertising, sponsors and publicity they are now receiving we can only dream of the bucks they now rake in.




For life after the show, cast member Jenni Farley, also known as “J-WOWW”, Off the Record: I say (“J-How?”)…is due to launch a fashion line featuring her…well,unique fashion tastes and style. Do we really want to dress like her? Recent reports claim that the cast is currently undergoing negotiations with MTV to shoot a season two of the reality show. (It is reported cast members could make $10,000 per episode.) Also, yesterday aired an episode of the cast before the nationwide obsession of guidettes and hair-spiking gorillas took storm. The show allowed for fans to see what life was like before the shore. Again, I ask why do we care?




I end, not with a rude comment or annoying quote that explains the need for a changing mind-set of the American people. (Because I surely wouldn’t turn him away if Pauly D came knocking on my door.) But I say, you go ahead MTV. You devils, continue to make crazy television segments that shamefully keep us from enjoying life outside of our living rooms (at least for my sake anyway :)).

check this out for giggles and laughs:














Thanks for checking in! Be sure to come back next week for some more notes from the Off the Record!


“Joy is the flag you fly when the Prince of Peace is in residence within your heart.” – Wilfred Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment