Monday, April 5, 2010

Betty White

Recently I've seen a lot of Betty White's face on television and I cannot understand why. She had majorly contributed to award-winning comedy shows in the 80's but reading her comments on Sandra Bullock's marriage disaster or seeing her being referred to as "Red Hot Betty White" in current headlines has left me concerned. Now don't get me wrong, the way my mother and I bonded when I was younger was by watching re-runs of The Golden Girls on the Women's Channel and we had enjoyed it, but why now? Why has Mrs. White returned to TV Guides once again. I do appreciate a "sista" on her grind, I feel that the clock has struck 12 for the actress. I just imagine that a woman of her age should see days spent sitting by a warm, toasty fireplace with a quilt laid across her knees as she knits monogram wool sweaters for her grandchildren, not appearing in my "US Weekly" magazine. While I was surprised to see her in tabloids, I have grown to appreciate Betty White's efforts in the Snickers commercials.


Football Scenario:





Black woman scenario:


^ For some reason I feel like I relate to this commercial...


Over Easter weekend my sister and I were exposed to,what I believe to be, one of the best movies released by Nickelodeon in a long time. Highly recommended.



Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging:




I went on a trip with my school to D.C. and we visited places like the State Department where we met Mrs. McCormick who was a represenative from the Bureau of Public Affairs. As she gave me many ideas for future careers within the government, she also sparked my interest in the marriage department. Mrs. McCromick infromed the group, very nonchalantly, that a few years ago she was drowning in the Red Sea and was rescued by an Arab man who saved her life. This man is now her husband. They now have a one-year-old son. He will be taught English and Arabic. Wow. My dream is to marry a non-U.S. citizen and I hope I have a wonderful story such as theirs to share with the world some day. Seeing that I don't know how to swim, it wouldn't be completely impossible to see my fate unfold like this. Therefore, this summer feel free to come save me men of the world, in what could be the only Red Sea that I will ever see in my lifetime.......Twin Lakes.






GrooverAlert! of the Week: Mind the dangers in Mexico, earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and California and also the South Korean missing soldiers. Keep them all in your prayers.


Groove on soldiers,

Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment