Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bison in Panther Country



What up world?

Life has been pretty steady here in bison country, (yes. wow. my mascot is a bison. I know, so nice.) but I’ve managed to keep myself engaged and entertained. I have finalized tickets to see Drake, April 9th at the Bryce Jordan Center. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to groove to sultry beats as his “milk and honey” voice swoons into my earlobes. I’m currently shopping for a flashy top to wear in an attempt to catch his eye and seduce Drake from my peanut heaven seat. I have been obsessed with this man for years and my dream has finally come true. I predict a hype crowd and this day cannot come soon enough groovers.


Before new dance moves and “Unstoppable” lyrics filled my brain in replacement of actual classwork and other pre-requisite nonsense, thoughts of Jay-Z and his posse occupied my brain. I’ve been introduced to what I think is a hidden suspicion and rumor about the rapper. A friend told me that Jay-Z is rumored to be tied to the Illuminati and the Freemasons. The Freemasons is the worlds largest secret society made up of people who are said to believe that " Lucifer(the devil) has a special place in all of their hearts." Many people believe that the symbols Jay-Z portrays in his videos such as the triangle symbol ("the all seeing eye of the Illuminati")and referring to himself as“HOV” (HOV=Jehovah=God in Hebrew) are all not Christ-like and point toward the hatred of Christians.

Jay-Z seems to defend himself in multiple interviews hinting that he is ‘an entertainer’ and if this is how he gains his fame, then he has reached his goal. But in some interviews he claims he is not religious at all and that religion in fact ‘separates people’. Here he sounds like a Christian to me. Though personally, I can’t seem to read Jay-Z. I have listened to his music for years and I haven’t once experienced satanic or Illuminati references within his lyrics. But when I carefully listened to songs like “Empire State of Mind” and “Run This Town”, which have received lots of controversial feedback from spectators, I could make some comparisons to the allegations. Also found in his song "Lucifer" when played backwards the words "666, murder, murder Jesus, kill catholics" can be heard from speakers. Kind of scary. But who's really to say what Jay is or isn't.I consider myself a die-hard Christian (yeah I said it) and I couldn’t see myself taking extreme measures against this man based on rumors. However, I know a few Christians who have deleted his music and have vowed to ever buy another product of the artist after hearing about his alleged ties to the Freemasons. Though, I believe that symbolism is all around us and with many opinions and points of view out there, this argument can go two very different ways.


What I wonder though is what should the people do. Jay-Z’s music has been around for decades. His record sales continue to rise, he’s globally recognized and he has made a household name for himself. His fame quadruples most artists in the game right now and therefore, his music reaches a wide scope of people on a daily basis.I’ve read some articles and while they point the finger at Jay-Z and place shame on his alleged membership with these organizations, they also question his influence on his peers. These websites question the involvement with close friends of the rapper and the emergence of a sudden “dark side” of Rihanna, Kanye West and Beyonce. They claim that the rapper has taken these people under his wing and also transformed them into Illuminati and Freemason followers.

My question is that after listening and analyzing some of Jay’s songs, do you feel influenced or threatened by his lyrics? Do you care whether or not an artist believes in the same religious views as you do. Do you agree with Jay-Z’s statement that he is an entertainer, and what he does on Sunday afternoons is completely separate from his career? Personally, I can care less what an artists’ religious views are. I mean I am concerned with the rumors or else I wouldn't think it worthy to post. But when it comes to music I look for club bangers rather than religious symbolism. I leave you with this: many of the founding fathers of America were also linked to this underground society. Should we move to South America? Tell me what you think. I dare you.

Here's a little more information and some sources:


http://shortieroc.com/2010/01/15/jay-z-swizz-deny-freemasonry-devil-worship-and-illuminati-conspiracies/

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpeoplemagazinedaily.com%2F%3Fp%3D2047&h=4229e0e7f2ab9b30475bd6bb931149d8





GrooverAlert! of the Week:

I've come to the conclusion that I hate when I type in "greensburg salem school district" into the Bing.com or Google search box and this goober appears on my desktop:





Looking for some fun?

Call the Nestle hotline:1-800-295-0051

  • Press 1 for English
  • Press 4 for "More Funner Options"
  • The course is now yours...
  • Enjoy

Be easy Groovers!

Shay


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I like your article on this topic!

    ReplyDelete